Everyone's doing this and I REALLY know I shouldn't, but I'm writing it anyway. There's a very good chance that I will delete instead of posting, in the interests of not alienating 90% of people in fandom, but let's see.... It' my person fandom facts, so I guess I can say what want.
1. I have no interest at all in Jensen or Jared. I care about Dean and Sam, but as far as I am concerned the real life boys are just actors doing a job and are nothing at all to do with the characters I care about. I've seen a few vids, think they're quite cute and funny and all that, but literally couldn't give a shit.
2. Perhaps tied to above (not sure), but I seriously hate RPS. Occasionally I read it - sometimes because good friends - and amazing writers - have written it, sometimes because the particular kinks are so far up my alley that I just can't turn away. But I am irretrievably squicked by the use of real people's names and lives (seriously, characters are up for grabs, but real people should NOT have to put up with this shit) and I literally cringe if I ever click on a link and start reading. Also, it's the one thing (and, let's face it, I'm not the most moral person when it comes to fiction choices) that I can guarantee that I will NEVER write.
3. I understand fandom's annoyance with Becky, but I actually think a lot of the hate comes from the fact that people truly do recognise themselves in her. Fandom is a scary place, and while people hate to admit it, a lot of fans actually are that sad and creepy. Also, I think the actors probably find most fans just as irritating and squicky as Dean and Sam find Becky. Sorry, but that's my honest opinion on the situation *shrug*.
4. I do not understand the bestiality bent in this fandom. I don't get A/B/O or were-whatevers, or the number of kink meme prompts involving dogs. Not dissing people's kinks (people in glass houses and all that) but I don't get it at all and I will never click a link if it involves these elements, no matter how awesome the summary sounds.
5. There are a lot of hardcore and other kinks I like, but feminisation squicks me incredibly, in every form (including het, where people actually are female!). I like the boys being boys (rawr) and I will never understand wanting to turn them into girls, cross-dressing them, or anything of that ilk. And mpreg? Don't even get me started.
6. It's not a revelation that wincest is my OTP. A lot of the fascination with their relationship for me comes from the fact they're brothers, and therefore the incest involved. This is why if I ever start a fic and realise that it's "AU where the boys are not brothers" I'll hit the back key hard enough to get whiplash. As far as I'm concerned, Sam/Dean without incest is pointless.
7. I'm not easily moved. I hate films that require an emotional response for me (and I won't touch romance with a ten foot pole). However, A Very Supernatural Christmas makes me cry every single time I watch it. Damn it. Stupid show turning me into a girl... *mutters*
8. I actually think SPN should have finished in season 4, or at least by season 5. Either Lucifer Rising or Swan Song would have worked as finales - and I have personally found that the show has gone downhill ever since. There have been lots of bits I've loved, of course, but the only thing that has seriously got me excited/interested in the last 4 seasons (excluding point 10 below) is Benny, who was a fucking awesome character in every way.
9. I like both brothers. For the last few seasons, I've liked Sam better than Dean (particularly after Dean killed Amy Pond, which was such a dick move for me that I've found it hard to move past it). But I believe that Jensen is a better actor, which makes me identify with Dean more. I find that Jared has a tendency to overact, whereas Jensen is better at conveying emotions more subtly. The classic example for me will always be where Dean and Sam are burning John's body - Sam is crying, but Dean (who is doing nothing, not even particularly registering an emotion) just looks so utterly destroyed that it stomps all over my heart every time.
10. I think the Mark of Cain/demon!Dean arc is by far the best thing to happen to SPN in years, and I both love it and can't wait to see where they go. No doubt, it'll get fucked up (read: not be exactly what Ash wants), but right now I'm still all excited by it.
Please note: the point of this meme is to post your own fannish POV. If you don't like what I've written, that's fine - but this is my journal and these are my own personal opinions. Feel free to comment, but don't try to convince me that my opinions are wrong.
Also, please make allowances for the fact I'm pretty drunk. Just be glad this isn't a grammar rant :P